In this article you will learn how to create new aircraft in the system, and assign it to specific scheduled flights / charters.
In order to create a new aircraft in the system, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Operations Administrations module
- Click on the A/C types sub-module. Here you can create the type of the aircraft (E.G. Boeing 737).
- After you created the aircraft type, the next step would be to create the aircraft registration.
Click on the Aircraft sub-module, and click on the New button
- In the aircraft creation screen, you will see the following information fields:
a. Aircraft Registration: Wing number of the aircraft
b. Aircraft Capacity: Maximum seats available in this aircraft
c. Aircraft Type: Select the aircraft type (which you created in previous steps)
d. Calendar color: Pick the color for the calendar item. The selected color will be presented in the calendar for scheduled flights that assigned with this aircraft. For more information about the operational calendar in the system, click here
In order to assign aircraft to single/multiple flights, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Operations module Choose the relevant flight series from the Flight Series sub-module
- Select the relevant flights from within the series, by marking the checkbox on the left side:
- At the right side of the flight series screen, you will find a drop-down menu with a variety of actions that you can apply on the selected flights:
- Scrolling down to the bottom of the actions list, will show you the relevant actions category for routing.
- Assign Routing A/C: This will assign a specific A/C to this route for the selected flights.
Change Routing A/C: This will change a specific A/C on the routes in the flights Once you have chose
- the relevant action and selected the specific aircraft, click on the purple Take Action button in order to complete the process.
The charters are taken automatically from the A/C you have selected in the PNR screen, should you want to change such an allocation:
- Go to the Charter module
- From within the Charters sub-module, click on the relevant charter flight in the list
- In the Charters edit screen, you will see that the first option is to assign an aircraft to the selected charter:
- Click the Save button in order to complete the aircraft assignment