Seat fares sub-module allows you to charge extra payment for seats on a certain flight. This feature will be active on CRS and Website.
How to set up Sellable seats for a specific flight?
1. First of all, make sure to have at least one seat map loaded into your system. To check it, go to the Service Loads sub-module, open one of the existing service loads and refer to the "Seat map" drop-down list (select the relevant seat map).
If you don't have a seat map in your system, you can contact email@example.com for further information on the requirements to create them in your system.
2. Once the seat map has been assigned to the service load, you should create a new Seat Fare in the system. In order to do that, go to Marketing --> Seat fares and click on New.
You are required to specify the seat rows, destinations, class and dates of the flight, which the seats will be affected by, using the current fare (destinations are optional).
How to utilize the sellable seats functionality?
You can select seats during the check-in process, or directly during the booking process within a PNR.
To enable seat selection within the PNR, you have to activate the per-user permission “Allow select/book seats on PNR screen”.
Once you activate this permission, the user will be able to select seats directly in the PNR:
- You can not change seats within the PNR if the seats were already set through the Check-in
- You can not select a seat on check-in if this seat has price and fare has option “charge on check-in”.
How to change a selected seat?
If the selected seat is free, all you need to do is to open the seat map and select any other seat.
In case that the selected seat has a selling price, i.e it is not free: You will first need to cancel the service of seat and only then you will be allowed to change the seat to a different one.
Please note: additional service on PNR will be added even if the chosen seats are free. You will have to cancel the service only if the fare is larger than 0.
How to amend a seat without the cancellation of a service?
By default, users cannot amend sellable seats without having to cancel the service first. However, in case that a user in the system would like to bypass that, and be able to change seats without the service cancellation - the user should enable the “Allow free seats” permission within the user's profile screen.
Once you activate this permission, a new checkbox will be available on the seat map screen: “Do not charge for seat allocation”.
This will allow the user to select/change seats for free, even if the seat has a price.
Selling seats via Website
To start selling seats on your Website, you will need to enable the “Allow sellable seat on website” setting in your Website Settings section.
To enable this option, go to: Website module -> Website clips and click on the "Update Website Settings" button:
How to select seats from the website?
Customers will be able to select their seats while booking on the website. The seat map will be showed to them in the Extras Page. If there is a price set for the selected seats, the added charges for the seats will be automatically reflected in the final balance that at the point of finalizing the booking process via the website.
- Even if “allow sellable seats on website” is disabled - customers can select seats on check-in page.
- Customers will be allowed to choose seats for free during the web check-in if the option "Charge on check in" is not checked.
- During the check-in process if the customer selects a seat with a fare he will be redirected to the "Extras Page" to complete the payment process in the website before finishing the check in process.