In this article, we will walk you through the process of cancelling a booking in the AeroCRS system.
There are several scenarios to this process, that varies based on the airline's policy (some airlines have cancellation policies with added penalties and some are not). We will cover in this article the proper steps for each scenario.
- The first step in the cancellation process, is to cancel the issued ticket and invoice by clicking on the red X button next to the ticket number and ticket date:
- Once you have cancelled the ticket, the system will enable the Refund button (it was hidden before), allowing you to process a refund and balance the PNR:
(Not sure how to process a refund? click here for more information)
- Next step will be to cancel the flights (/services) in the PNR.
In the services section within the PNR screen, you will notice another red X button next to each available service:
- Once the services were cancelled, you will be able to complete the last step by clicking on the XX button:
As shown in the above alert - this button will cancel all of the activity in this booking, which will essentially make the PNR look like this:
The cancellation process is almost identical through all of the different scenarios, with the following exceptions/comments:
- When you have a penalty that needs to be paid, you will need to process a payment to cover it in order to balance the PNR, or alternatively cancel the penalty record manually.
- When you cancel an agent booking that was originally paid with a voucher, you will need to make sure that you cancel that voucher as well in order to cancel all of the activity in the booking (perform the XX action).
- If you have any active services in the PNR (flights, penalties, ancillaries etc.) - you will not be able to perform the XX action.
- The purpose of the XX button is to finalize the cancellation process by cancelling and disabling any other activity or booking options that you have in the PNR.